Introduction to FIP
The idea of a pan Indian body of pilots to take up various academic, scientific, technical and welfare issues was envisaged in the year 1996 when a few visionary pilots got together to form the Federation of Indian Pilots. Over the years the Federation of Indian Pilots has been very proactive in taking up issues vis a vis the regulatory authorities and has been holding Flight Safety Seminars to generate awareness within our own pilot community.
To exercise the privileges of his Flying Licence a pilot needs to be medically fit. In the eventuality of being declared Permanently Medically Unfit (PMU) he invariably loses his job.This can happen without warning at any stage in his career. Hence, in 1999, the Federation of Indian Pilots launched a unique scheme to Insure a Pilot's Flying License.
As pilots rise in their professional careers, they acquire skills which are highly specialised and technical in nature. However, there was an absence of suitable academic qualification to reflect the same. In 2002, the Federation of Indian Pilots founded the Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety, with affiliation to the venerable University of Mumbai for awarding B.Sc. (Aviation) Degrees. Thus providing pilots with a conventional academic platform equal to their skills and knowledge.
The Federation of Indian Pilots is NOT a Trade Union, but a likeminded body of pilots whose sole aim is the professional advancement of their community.
Please feel free to browse through our site and give us your feedback.
Loss Of Licence C.Y. 2015
Group Medical Cover For FIP Members
Claim Procedure / Forms and Sample Forms for GMC
- Claim Process Flow Chart
- Checklist of Reimbursement of GMC claims
- Claim Intimation for Hospitalization for GMC claims
- Claim Form Part A - for Reimbursement (To be filled by Insured)
- Claim Form Part B - for Reimbursement (To be filled by Hospital)
- Sample for Reimbursement (To be filled by Insured) /(To be filled by Hospital)
- GMC Cashless / Pre - Authorization Form
- Sample Cashless / Pre - Authorization Form
- List of Non Admissible Expenses